I’m watching a film. I can’t remember when I last watched a film!!!
TW: Sexual assault, Non consent
I’m not sure what to put in this trigger warning because I’m not exactly sure what it is.
Men have done some pretty ahit things to me before.
But nothing comes close to being filmed doing something intimate without permission or knowledge its even happening. I feel sick.
- My dad: Your sister's crazy. Who'd want a $200 purse?
- Me: She does.
- My dad: What is it with ladies purses, anyway?
- Me: (glancing at my purse) What do you mean?
- My dad: How did that start--I mean, why do women use them? Doesn't it get tiring carrying a bag around all the time?
- Me: (stands up and turns around) See those pockets?
- My dad: ... Yes?
- Me: What can I fit in them?
- My dad: What?
- Me: How many things do you think I could fit in my pockets? Honestly. How many things?
- My dad: Doesn't look like you could fit much.
- Me: A pack of Orbit, some folded bills, and that's about it. That's why we use purses--because we can't carry our shit in our pockets like you do.
- My dad: But I can fit my wallet, my keys, and my cigarettes in my pockets!
- Me: And your jeans also fit the way they should.
- My dad: I'm almost afraid to ask, but what do you mean?
- Me: Your jeans are sized by, what, your inseam and waist, right?
- My dad: ... Aren't yours?
- Me: I'm a size 3.
- My dad: 3 what?
- Me: No, just a 3. A size 3.
- My dad: What does that mean?
- Me: I actually have no idea. I'm a size 3 in these jeans. In some other jeans, I'm a 5. I'm a 7 in my favorite pair of shorts.
- My dad: Wait, it's not the same?
- Me: Nope. A size 3 in one brand's jeans is completely different from a size 3 in another brand.
- My dad: That's fucking stupid! How do you shop for them?!
- Me: With great difficulty. This is why when you ask me what I did during the week and despite the fact I know you won't care I sometimes tell you I found a pair of jeans. Because finding a pair of jeans that fit and fit well is like finding the Holy Grail with your name encrusted in diamonds on it
- Its like British sizes...6,8,10,12,14,16,18...no one ACTUALLY knows what they mean...
Since J and I broke up, I’ve obviously been on the prowl and its become increasingly apparent to me that there is a complete double standard when it comes to casual sex.
I’ve been told to watch out for men who look like they only want one thing from me. From that I can assume that its sex.
This annoys me.
Why can’t women use men for sex? Why can’t two people just have sex with each other without it being complicated? Why is it only men who can use women for sex?
This “He’s just using you for sex” might be true in some cases, but when I just got out of a relationship, the last thing I’m looking for is something serious. I just want to have sex with no complex emotional attachment. I shouldn’t NEED to make a man want to be in a relationship with me by being amazing. I shouldn’t NEED to.
This is another way of patriarchy trying to suppress women’s sexuality. Like, why can’t we be sexual beings too? Why can’t we eat men up and spit them out?
Why can’t we just want sex? Why is it that magazines and stuff like that make out like women are the ones who want to get into serious relationship and have emotional meltdowns every time they have a one night stand with someone.
Sex is something that two people get mutual pleasure out of.
For fuck sake let us use men for sex.
I booty called a friend of my friend and I still have a lovebite from Jamie.
I totally haven’t just lost my usb stick with the next chapter of my dissertation on. No, I haven’t.
"A black child with a transparent rib cage, huge head, bloated stomach, protruding eyes, and twigs as arms and legs was the favourite poster of the large British charitable operation known as Oxfam. Oxfam called upon the people of Europe to save starving African and Asian children… and never bothered their consciences by telling them that capitalism and colonialism created the starvation, suffering and misery in the first place."